Our Guiding Principles
In the Reggio Emilia Approach, there is a coined expression, “A child has a hundred languages.” The approach unites and develops all languages-innovation, nature, construction, fantasy, art, music, dance, building, writing, talking, signing, science, body, and soul. The multiple languages are used to help children build knowledge and understand the world around them.
The guiding principles of Reggio Emilia at FPE include:
- Considering children as collaborators, communicators, and protagonists
- Considering the teacher in several roles: as the nurturer, partner, guide, researcher and advocate in their relationship with each child
- Respecting the foundation of cooperation and collaboration
- Using the environment as the “third teacher”
- Addressing parents as partners
- Considering documentation as a facet of communication
Our school and our students can only thrive and grow with the love and support of our community. Please check out the opportunities to donate here.
1340 Murchison Drive
El Paso, TX, United States